Research and innovation at Children’s National Hospital pursues breakthrough discoveries for kids.
Improving Children’s Lives
Research at Children’s National is conducted through the Children’s National Research Institute (CNRI), the academic arm of Children’s National Hospital. At CNRI, over 600 faculty and staff work to improve the health and quality of life for children and families through dynamic, advanced and integrated research, innovation and education efforts.Learn More
Compassion, Commitment and Connection
CNRI is built on a culture of compassion, care and connection - and a strong commitment to excellence in science. Our researchers and innovators translate knowledge and discoveries gained from basic science into new applications and interventions in clinical and community settings focused on improving child health. CNRI oversees the educational activities and academic affairs of Children's National Hospital and the Department of Pediatrics at the George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences.Learn More
The Research & Innovation Campus
Our location in the nation’s capital in the center of the Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia Life Science and Biotech corridor, and proximity to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and U.S. Health and Human Services’ Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), creates opportunities to partner with academic institutions, government agencies, industry, venture capital, philanthropists and our community, with the common goal of improving the lives of all children in our community and across the globe.Learn More
Leadership & Administration
Catherine Bollard, M.D., M.B.Ch.B.
- Interim Executive Vice President & Chief Academic Officer, Children’s National Hospital
- Interim Director, Children's National Research Institute
Kolaleh Eskandanian, Ph.D., M.B.A., P.M.P.
- Vice President and Chief Innovation Officer at Children’s National Hospital
- Executive Director, Sheikh Zayed Institute for Pediatric Surgical Innovation
Andrea L. Gropman, M.D.
- Interim Director, Center for Genetic Medicine Research
- Chief, Neurogenetics and Neurodevelopmental Pediatrics
Tarik Haydar, Ph.D.
- Director, Center for Neuroscience Research
Pamela S. Hinds, RN, Ph.D., FAAN
- Interim Director, Center for Translational Research
- The William and Joanne Conway Chair in Nursing Research
Catherine Limperopoulos, Ph.D.
- Director, Center for Prenatal, Neonatal & Maternal Health Research
- Chief and Director, Developing Brain Institute
Anthony Sandler, M.D.
- Senior Vice President and Surgeon-in-Chief, Joseph E. Robert, Jr., Center for Surgical Care
- Director, Sheikh Zayed Institute for Pediatric Surgical Innovation
Join us as we celebrate the opening of the pediatric research and innovation hub. The live stream event will include speeches from Children's National leaders and elected officials.